A web form could have a desired requirement that the product of two fields equal a given value or fall in a certain range before submit can occur. Currently, fields do not reconcile in a way to allow Expression validation to handle this sort of use case. I propose an option for validation on submission of a webform that can check the values/products of numerous fields before submission completes.
When making a webform, we often need to create many similar fields. It would be great if we could copy and paste fields. Additionally, I have had to make webforms that react based on choices made within the webform. For example, if I select USA from a single-choice drop-down, only the questions that apply to USA will be visible. It would be great to be able to copy conditions from one field to many other fields, without having to manually create them for each field.
Consider timezones in actions, triggers and tasks. Enable user defaults for timezones.
Right now, when an instance of a workflow is run, it runs all of the steps that were there when the instance was first started. Oftentimes, the fix entails revising a step of that workflow, but it won't apply to the existing run. I would love to have the ability to complete that instance using the updated steps without having to start a new instance (in addition to the current process of completing the run with the original steps).
This is related to, but a little different than, another idea posted by @David_931366 here: https://community.pushbot.com/discussion/1587/retrigger-an-instance-after-a-failure-retaining-original-data#latest
Directly connect multiple choice fields to data table columns to reduce complexity to configure and support template level fields
2021 is here and so is the Catalytic roadmap!
Throughout the year you'll see releases centered around 5 core themes:
- Improved Builder
- Core Platform Enhancements
- Actions and Integrations
Under each theme, we have broken out features that we will focus on and tied them to a major release (dates subject to change). The January release happened earlier this month, you can view those updates here.
- Ability to test a single action in builder and try an action in discover actions
- When at Fix Task, ability to make changes and re-run the action (date TBD)
Enhanced Builder Controls
- Upload images to markdown editor
- Improved action column references
- Copy and Paste a step
- Can add section headers and comments
- Improved version control options
- Ability to rename active instances
Stage Gate, aka Publication Control
- Ability to force a workflow to start in draft mode
- Simplified homepage
- Sorting and Filtering
Data Table controls
- Better control over what data can be edited in data tables
App Beautification (May/Sept)
- Informative card view
- Updated filters
- Display starred fields on instance screen
- Automatically provision/deprovision users & groups via SSO
Main file formats of business and office tools
- PDF, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Sheets
- Deeper integration into tables from these tools
Improving existing functions and evening out layers
- FTP/S, HTTP/S, …
- Browser Automation Version
- Content Separation Tools
- Fast Templates to improve action development speed
- Packaging Tools
- Module Support
- Full containerization
- Profiling and metrics generated
- Take advantage of Multi-OS engine
- Deep Logging and Debugging Tools
- Integration into data tables as a native type
- Additional data types like dropdowns
- Improved Integration Support
- Support for Edge
- Image on error
- Improved debugging
- Updated flowchart view with ability to popup parameters
- Ability to star fields
- Looping block
- Friendlier inputs
- Visibility into edits, modifications across the platform
New Application Tables
- Triggers, integrations, groups, metrics
- Control what actions are available
Customer Hosted (May/Sept)
- Run Catalytic on customer’s AWS infrastructure
- Cloud DB Connections
- Native support of SQLite
- Turnkey support for deployment of Python
On prem (Jan 2022)
- Run in any cloud/data center
- Based on Kubernetes
We are looking forward to hearing your feedback on our planned release. Feel free to leave a comment below!
When using the "reopen task and reset dependent tasks" action, it would be nice if all the fields created in those rejected tasks got reset to their default values.
I often use this action with webforms for approval/rejection process patterns. When something is rejected, there is a branch of the workflow to correct the issue, then I reopen the original task to re-ask the approve/reject question.
As it stands today, I have to manually reset the default values for the approve/reject field.