Email bounce behavior with CC recipient

Options

I am trying to understand how emails behave, if there is a recipient and a CC recipient and one of them bounces.

• If the mail to the "To" recipient bounces and the CC is a valid email address, will the mail still be delivered to the CC recipient?
  • If the "To" recipient is a valid email and CC recipient bounces, will the mail be only be sent to the "To" Recipient? Do we get some sort of notification upon the CC bounce, since it will not be displayed in the "Fields" list?

Answers

• Thomas_937381
    Thomas_937381 Posts: 196
    edited February 2020
    Options

@Veronika_208293 I might suggest testing both scenarios with addresses you know do/do not exist. I would suspect that bounce email fields pertain only to the recipient and not the address in copy, but not sure how this would work should multiple addresses be in the 'to' field, delimited by commas.

Also note that I believe if a mail alias is incorrect but the domain is, depending on configuration of the recipient mail environment, the result of a 'bounce' may be different. @Gabe_554112 may be able to tell us more.

More here: https://community.pushbot.com/discussion/comment/308