Webform - Instruction field with references to a previous field on the same webform

Options
Kevin_579059
Kevin_579059 Posts: 67
edited April 2020 in Questions

Say the first and second fields on a webform are Choice fields. Then after a few other fields, I would want an Instruction field at the very bottom (right above the Submit button) to remind/caution the user what their two selections were in the first two Choice fields (bold text, header text to make it pop), prior to having them press Submit. It seems like I can create the Instruction field and the two field references from the Choice fields turn the shaded blue after I type them in with {{ and }}, but the function doesn't actually work. Is this because the selections chosen in the Choice fields aren't considered "official" until the bot starts? (I understand this can probably be achieved by creating multiple Instruction fields with proper conditions, but I am looking for a shortcut.)
thanks! Kevin ☺

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jozef_783863
    Jozef_783863 Posts: 331 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Is this because the selections chosen in the Choice fields aren't considered "official" until the bot starts?

@Kevin_579059 Yes, this is because the selections chosen in the Choice fields are not considered "official" until the workflow starts.

The idea below, Multi-Page Forms with Actions, would allow actions to execute between form pages. The execution of actions between form pages would be an "official" workflow start that houses the field values and makes them available in other fields (like an Instructions field).

Multi-Page Forms with Actions
    https://community.pushbot.com/discussion/166

I would want an Instruction field at the very bottom to remind/caution the user what their two selections were in the first two Choice fields, prior to having them press Submit.

You can still use an Instructions field with a general message, like "Your selection in Field 1 and Field 2 are the same." You can also use those context emojis here. This would be done with a field condition where field 1 is equal to field 2. This approach, however, would not present the values of those fields.