Comments @Dashboard/HomePage/RunOverview

Options
Christina_108366
Christina_108366 Posts: 37
edited January 2020 in Ideas

It would be very helpful to see the comments especially on the bounced emails at the dashboard (as well as the notifications, tasks,...) or in the process overview of a pushbot.
These comments could provide a link to the run for further details.

At the moment comments are posted in the run itself. But if you have quite a lot of runs it is not so easy to follow all new comments, because you have to click into every single run.

Tagged:
2 votes

Swept · Last Updated

Comments

• Jeff_146001
    Jeff_146001 Posts: 296 admin
    Options

@Christina_108366 Interesting! Could you elaborate on what types of information or actions are being surfaced via comments?

• Christina_108366
    Options

@Jeff_826598 Most important would be information about undelivered emails.
    We had a lot of trouble with unsent emails, but couldn't see that these emails were not sent (bounced). Because that was only visible in the run.
    The information looked like this 'Catalytic did not send your email from the xxxx tast to xxx(mail) because this address has a history of bouncing...'

• Jeff_146001
    Options

@Christina_108366 It sounds like there might be some ways that we could go after that bouncing issue more directly:
    1. Can we stop the bounces to begin with? If you haven't already, please send the specific emails to help@catalytic.com for investigation. You will likely need to send to your IT dept. as well, because I'm guessing the issue is on your side.
    2. If the bounces are legitimate, would an Application Table of bounces be helpful? You may want to upvote this idea: https://community.pushbot.com/discussion/323/bounced-email-application-data-table

• Christina_108366
    Options

@Jeff_826598 Veronika has already helped us with the current bounce-problem.
    But I am a bit afraid that this bounce-problem could repeat itself in the future and I am not able to detect the problem fast enough. Because I don't want to check every single run of a bot to see if there is a bounce. Very helpful would be to get an information as soon as possible as soon as an e-mail bounces.

• Jeff_146001
    Options

@Christina_108366 That makes sense. One more question for you...
    Have you explored incorporating actions into your pushbot for handling bounces? This help article provides recommendations:
    https://help.catalytic.com/docs/undelivered-or-bounced-emails/

• Christina_108366
    Options

Hi @Jeff_826598 , yes I have added an action that tries to handle bounces. But this is an email action as well ;)
    Looks like:
    1. Step: 'Send email'
    2. Step: 'Get current date' | delay of 24 h to wait for the bounce-fields
    3. Step: Send email to another person, if email from step 1 bounces
    First, I had installed a fourth step depending on the condition that the field 'email bounced' is 'false'.
    But even after a delay of 24 hours the field is not filled with 'false'. It is still empty, although the email did not bounce.