Apply formula to columns: multiply issue

Options

Hello,
I have an error that occurs when I try to multiply a column with the action ‘Tables: Apply formulas to columns’.
This is the input:

This is the formula in the action: columns['Bruttobetrag GwV in Euro'] = columns['Bruttobetrag GwV in Euro'] * 100
This is the output:

For the second row the output is as expected. But for the first and the second row the output is not as expected.
It’s not an urgent issue because I have solved this problem by using a formula that replaces ‘.’ So the result is correct now. Nevertheless, the scenario seems strange to me and I would be happy if you would help me here.
Thank you.

Best Answer

• Thomas_937381
    Thomas_937381 Posts: 196
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Christina_108366,

Can you confirm how the original table is being generated? I wonder if this may have something to do with the fact that this is a text-type column. I believe using the JavaScript parseFloat() function may accommodate your need: https://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_parsefloat.asp

Once you've confirmed I'm sure we can make a recommendation. If the field type for the column begins as a decimal, this may negate the need to use parseFloat().

Thomas

Answers