A question about the Deadline feature

Options

From what I can tell, the deadline feature is simply used to automatically send reminder emails and once the deadline occurs, nothing really happens. Am I incorrect about this? Is there a way to have the task auto-skip once the deadline occurs, or does it just hang in a limbo state until I manually end the process?

Best Answer

• Thomas_937381
    Thomas_937381 Posts: 196
    edited November 2019 Answer ✓
    Options

Hey, David.

Process steps should be color coded if a deadline has passed, but otherwise you're correct in your understanding. If you're looking for a way to manage e.g. an escalation, or have a conditional path start based on another action's status, you could:

1. Start a separate branch with a Fields: Field formulas step to get status of the other, but on a timing delay corresponding to the deadline: tasks[“task-name”].status
    2. Conditionally start a dependent step (e.g. Email: Send an email) if the task status is not equal to completed
    3. Meet back at a single point that has the At least one must be completed dependency relationship on the two branches.
    4. Incorporate a Pushbot: End this Pushbot step at the appropriate point in the sequence so that the pending step does not keep the run open.

Let us know if additional clarification is needed.