Dynamically reference data table rows in webform fields for edits by a user

Options
Meghan_550057
Meghan_550057 Posts: 107
edited September 2019 in Questions

Seeking guidance on a request to take a variable amount of data in a column and split each cell into its own field on a webform that could be updated in Email: Send a Form action. The starting file is fairly simple - email address, and then a column that has elements aligned to that email address that could have between 1-10 unique rows. I'm looking for a way to reference each individual cell in a webform field to eventually be updated by a user.

This is where I landed and am wondering if there is a way for this to be more streamlined:

1. parent process- get unique rows by email address > start a pushbot for each row
  2. subprocess- tables: apply filters to find all unique data elements for the single email address (between 1-10 possibilities) > convert column with unique data elements to text > convert text to data table (to get the unique data elements from rows to columns to dynamically reference in handlebars in form fields)
  3. I can figure out the conditions to only conditionally show fields depending on the number of row matches for an email address. I'm mainly just struggling if there is an easier way to go about this.

Long question but thanks in advance if you've made it this far!

Best Answers

• Meghan_550057
    Meghan_550057 Posts: 107
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    Options

I connected with @Thomas_catalytic and there are a few ways to do this:

1. If the recipients of the form have Catalytic accounts, data table after filters applied can be embedded directly into the form as a field with type of Table
    2. If the recipients of the form do not have Catalytic accounts:

a. in subprocess, apply filters > convert data table to text > convert text to data table (ensuring the values are in unique columns) > add Row Index column > look up step to return all possible columns for that record (unique row per each response) > embed the {{lookup--column-1}}, {{lookup--column-2}}, etc in 'default' field on the web form. > add conditions on each field based on number of matching rows

b. in subprocess, apply filters > add row index column > look up step (added 10 times to return each row and it's corresponding value) > conditions on each look up step based on number of matching rows > embed the output names from all lookup steps into 'default' field on web form