VLOOKUP type Operation

Options

Any tips on how to perform an efficient VLOOKUP type of action between two tables?
I have two tables and want to populate a value into table A from table B.
My current process is using an inline workflow that uses a "Tables Look up data in a column" for each record, but this is extremely inefficient (takes 10+ minutes for 300 records).

Answers

• Sean_510793
    Sean_510793 Posts: 69 admin
    Options

Hi Adam, I suspect there are a number of good ways we can tackle this. What's the operation you are performing between the two tables? It sounds like you have table A as a lookup and based on a column from table B are updating a column within B?

• Adam_636382
    Options

Hi Sean,
    Yes so imagine I have two tables with a matching column and I want to insert values from one into the other. Example pic below where Table B contains the values I want to insert into Table A. In Excel the formula would be "=VLOOKUP([lookup-value],[lookup-range],[return-column],[exact match true/false])".

The closest thing I've come across in the available actions is the "Excel Join two sheets" action but that would require several other steps to first create Excel spreadsheets of my tables, join, re-import that as a table, remove the extra columns I don't want. Just wondering if there's a more efficient way to accomplish the same task.