Webhook trigger payload?

Options

When starting a workflow via webhook trigger, is there a way to access the raw text of the request body?

Whereas the email trigger provides {{trigger-attachments}} by default, the webhook trigger doesn't seem to give any trigger info (other than creating the fields).

Answers

• Kevin_102667
    Kevin_102667 Posts: 56 admin
    edited December 2020
    Options

Hi @Tom_944137 ,
    You can configure your webhook trigger to output the request body in the trigger configuration. Select True" for Output raw request body. Look for the field called "Webhook Trigger Body--Text".

You can test this out by setting up a POST request in POSTMAN. Use your webhook URL as the endpoint and use any JSON text as the request body.

When you send the request, the RAW JSON payload will show up in the "Webhook Trigger Body--Text" field

• Tom_944137
    Options

Hey @Kevin_102667, thanks for taking a look. I'm not seeing those options in my webhook trigger setup. Any ideas why that would be?

• Adam_636382
    Options

Hi Tom,
    I think if you save the trigger and then come back to edit it you will see the settings.

• Kevin_102667
    Options

@Tom_944137
    Yes, you'll need to create and save the trigger first before you see the advanced settings.

I think if you save the trigger and then come back to edit it you will see the settings.

• Tom_944137
    Options

Thanks @Adam_636382 and @Kevin_102667. I'm still not seeing the advanced settings, even when I save the trigger then come back to edit it. I'm an admin on the team, so I don't think that's the issue. I also tried changing some of the other options (e.g., authentication method) to see if that would make the "output" fields appear, but no luck.

Any other ideas?

• William_134612
    William_134612 Posts: 4
    edited December 2020
    Options

Just tried. Seems that I also got similar screenshot as @Tom_944137 . Cannot see those advanced setting.

• Kevin_102667
    Options

@Tom_944137 I apologize, those advanced settings are not yet available in the current release but is expected in the January 2021 release.

• Tom_944137
    Options

I see. Thanks @Kevin_102667. In the meantime, is there a way for me to query a run to get the Webhook Trigger Body--Text?