Validations bugs

Options
Rui_137057
Rui_137057 Posts: 8
edited September 2020 in Questions

Hi guys,
My validation field required to fill starts with "PO", however I can´t do it because ocurred an error.
Can you help me pls?

Best regards

Best Answers

• Tom_121527
    Tom_121527 Posts: 9
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Rui_128071,
    Thanks for you question. I agree that this looks like a bug. We'll check it out and fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, I've tested a different expression that should do the same thing. Does this expression satisfy your use case as well?

this.slice(0, 2) == 'PO'

Thanks,
    Tom

• Nate_277582
    Nate_277582 Posts: 3
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Rui_128071,

We recently resolved the issue that was preventing the "startsWith" expression from working in this case. Your expression (startsWith("PO", this)) will now match any value that begins with the text "PO" as expected. You may need to refresh the page in order to see the update.

Thanks again for reaching out about the issue. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.
    Nate

Answers

• Rui_137057
    Options

Hi @Tom_121527,
    The problem now was resolved, thank you. However, I try used your expression and the results is was I expected.
    Thanks,
    Rui

• Rui_137057
    Options

Hi @Nate_214344,
    Thank you to resolved the problem.
    Now, I found another issue with "endsWith". Maybe is the similar issue, if you can see this I appreciate so much.
    Thanks,
    Rui

• Nate_277582
    Options

Hi @Rui_128071,
    Would you mind telling me more about the issue you're seeing with the "endsWith" expression? That one was affected by the same issue you saw with "startsWith", but should have been resolved at the same time. An expression like this endsWith("@catalytic.com", this), for instance, would require the user to enter an email address ending in "@catalytic.com".
    Thanks,
    Nate

• Rui_137057
    Options

Hi @Nate_214344,

Yesterday when I answered my "endsWith" did not work (the same error message appears). But today it is working without any error.
    Problem resolved.
    Thanks,
    Rui

• Jeff_182127
    Options

Hello Catalytic Team:
    I've got a similar issue with validation. I have a webform field (Integer), where I need the user to enter a 5-digit number. I set validations as Minimum = 5; Maximum = 5. This should require a 5-digit numerical entry (I think), except when I test it, I get an error saying that it Should be <= 5. Any suggestions?

Here's the build mode window for the action:

Here's the test mode window where I keyed my entry:

• Tom_944137
    Options

Hi @Jeff_182127, not sure if you're still stuck on this one. I haven't tested this, but I have a hunch on what's going on.

The min/max validation refers to the value of the integer, not the number of digits. So the way you have it configured, I think you're asking for an integer between 5 and 5 (i.e., 5 itself). If you want a 5 digit integer, I think you should set min = 10000 and max = 99999. Keep in mind this wouldn't allow something starting with a 0, so this might only get you part way there if leading zeros are needed.

• Jeff_182127
    Options

Thanks, @Tom_944137 ! I did end up realizing that it's looking for the value rather than # of digits. We do have employee numbers with leading zeros, so I had to set it with 0 as the min and 99999 as the max. It's working well now. I appreciate your confirmation!