Data From table organized in user interface status page

Options

It would be helpful if there was the ability, especially in a ticketing system workflow, where the builder could make a landing page that essentially mirrored information from a data table. The data shown on the landing page could be organized to be more aesthetically pleasing for open tickets, open sub processes, etc. It would just be easier to check the given status of active instances on a high level without having to look at a data table or looking at all the variables in a given instance.

1 votes

Swept · Last Updated

Comments

• Jeff_146001
    Jeff_146001 Posts: 296 admin
    Options

@Greg_703914 I believe this will be at least partly addressed by the Connected Forms features we're planning for the October 2020 release. Please read on and let me know your thoughts!

With these features, you'll be able to use a Webhook Trigger to start a workflow when someone visits a URL. That workflow can run through some actions and then:

• Redirect to another Catalytic form
    • Redirect to some other web page
    • Generate custom HTML

Here's a sample of this in action:
    GET Webhook Demo - View Features In Development

The link above does the following:
    1. Calls a webhook configured with the yet-to-be-released GET Request Type and HTML Response Type
    2. Start a workflow that filters a table of all the Ideas submitted in this Community to those with the status of In Development and reformats that table as text.
    3. Redirects to another Catalytic web form with query parameters to hide the Submit button and populate an instructions field with the features in development.

You could just as easily return that in a table format, instead of text.

• Greg_703914
    Options

@Jeff_763648 It definitely sounds like the Connected Forms updated is a first step. Based on what you are presenting in the future update the simple way to do this would be to direct a user to a form (and hide the submit button). This form would simply show the a list of ongoing cases/sub processes. It would be ideal to have a high level of flexibility/control over the elements on the form rather than just a table or text though. A data table definitely looks better on the form than in other places so it helps get me a little closer. Will I be able to customize the elements on the form with HTML? I am not as familiar with that.

• Jeff_146001
    Jeff_146001 Posts: 296 admin
    Options

@Greg_703914 In the features planned for October, you'll have a couple options to control the formatting:
    1. No Code: Use existing Catalytic form elements, tables, actions, and markdown.
    2. HTML: With the new GET Webhook Trigger, you'll have the option to return custom HTML, populated with dynamic content, which you could use to fully style your data. Here's a simple example, in which the table that is displayed shows current data from a Catalytic data table: Fruits and Vegetables Table