Exporting Large Tables

Options

I have had trouble viewing data in Master Tables when there is a large amount of data. (The ability to apply filters to the table in the UI would be so helpful.) My option instead is to export the data to Excel. However, on some tables I've made multiple attempts to export and receive an error each time. Any advise on what I can do to get the data I need?

Answers

• Grant_213559
    Grant_213559 Posts: 11 admin
    Options

Hi Adam,

How many rows are in the table? If the row count is at the limit, then that specific error message can sometimes appear when attempting to export it. (More on system limits here). What happens if you try exporting the table after using a workflow step to convert the table to a .csv?

Additionally, live data table filtering has already been submitted as a Product Request, so I'd definitely recommend adding an upvote to that particular post right here.

• Adam_636382
    Options

There are only about 3500 rows of data currently. There are over 150 fields though so maybe that's part of the problem. I tried exporting as CSV but received the same error. Did you mean using this option? Or, would it behave differently if I setup a new workflow to do this?

• Kalin_996882
    Kalin_996882 Posts: 74 admin
    Options

Hi Adam,
    One workaround that I could suggest for obtaining the table you need for export is using Excel: Create spreadsheet from data table. Here are some steps to assist:

1. Create a new workflow and add the action - Excel: Create spreadsheet from data table

2. Configure the action:

• Data table will be the ID of the table you want for export.
    • File name can be any name you'd like and will accept extensions .xlsx, .xls, .xlsm, .csv. I recommend using the .csv extension for larger tables to be downloaded.

When you run this workflow it will create a .csv file you can download and open in Excel. Let me know if this helps and if you have any questions.

Excel: Create a Spreadsheet from a Data Table

https://help.catalytic.com/docs/excel-create-a-spreadsheet-from-a-data-table/