Updating the default file in the start-up fields

Options

I have a process which has a field with a default value as a file. We must have uploaded the default file to Catalytic (there is a link to download the file in the field). I want to replace that file with a new updated file. How can I do that?

Answers

• Jozef_783863
    Jozef_783863 Posts: 331 admin
    edited July 2020
    Options

@Arjun_147343 Below is a gif on how to manually remove the default value of a file field. Selecting the x option, on the far right side of the file icon, removes the default value of the file field. This of course is a manual interaction, rather than an automated solution.

• Arjun_839690
    Arjun_839690 Posts: 7
    edited July 2020
    Options

Hi Jozef, thanks for your response. I am not sure if I am following. I opened the field in the old editor and tried to replicate your GIF. But there is a link to the file, which I think needs to be updated. Or I should be able to go to that file path and update the file there.

[IMAGE REDACTED]

• Thomas_937381
    Options

@Arjun_147343 I would recommend reviewing this workflow and all associated ones, and look carefully at the workflow-level fields. You seem to have a file-type field somewhere, whose link you have hard coded here.

Copy the URL for any file-type fields you find, and compare that URL to what you have hard coded here. When you find the right one, you should be able to replace the file, and copy/paste to update the URL. Keep in mind this would need to be done anywhere this file is referenced.

If you have a suite of workflows pointing to the same reference documents, generally I would house them on your top-level starter workflow.

If you're still unable to find this field/workflow, I'd recommend sending an email to help@catalytic.com with the complete file URL. Our team can try to work backward to find which workflow the field is associated to.