Find numbers function not behaving as expected?

Options

Hello,
I'm running into an issue, and I'm not sure if I'm expecting an action to function a certain way or if it's not working properly.

I'm using the PDF: Extract text to a field function to read a PDF. The way the PDF input is read, a person's name comes through with the date next to it as one line such as:

Last Name, First Name03/12/202011:51:53

I need to extract the First Name to a field, so I applied the following steps:

Text: Find Numbers, to get this:

My intention is to use the Text: Find text next to text action and use the first found number as the before-text end variable. However, according to the output, '3' is the first match, but my expectation is that it should be '0', followed by '3'.

Answers

• Thomas_937381
    Options

@Anna_272419 Similar to the way leading zeros are not preserved in Excel, I suspect that when numbers are found in text, they are trimmed. Perhaps Text: Find dates and date/times could work for your application?

• Anna_272419
    Options

Hi Thomas,
    I tried the Text: Find dates and date/times function first, but it does not work in this case. What else can I do?
    Thanks!

• Thomas_937381
    Options

@Anna_272419 Could you please send me an email (thomas@catalytic.com) with links to your workflow and a recent run URL? I'm happy to take a look to see what else might be possible. :)