Is there an "Instances" screen for a process built inline?

Options

I used a batch action and built out the actions inline. I'd like to see all runs of the inline helper, similar to the way I see instances of a normal Workflow (e.g., https://{team-name}.pushbot.com/process/{process-id}/instances). Is this possible?

Answers

• Jozef_783863
    Jozef_783863 Posts: 331 admin
    Options

To see instances started by a batch action, I recommend viewing the data table produced in the batch action.

https://help.catalytic.com/docs/tables-start-pushbot-for-each-row/#successful-runs-data-table-id

Otherwise, you need to navigate to individual helper workflow URLs to see a helper instance page.

• Jeff_146001
    Jeff_146001 Posts: 296 admin
    Options

@Tom_153935 Can you elaborate what you'd like to do once you get to the list of instances?

• Tom_153935
    Tom_153935 Posts: 76
    Options

Can you elaborate what you'd like to do once you get to the list of instances?

@Jeff_291769 We'd like an easy way to search for instances to either end the instance or correct fields that have incorrect data.

Some more context:
    For a client process I am helping build, we upload an Excel file to a batch starter Workflow. For each row in the file, the inline sub-process emails a web form. Suppose we start the main batch on May 1 with 900 rows, and on May 2 and 3 we upload smaller follow-up batches daily with 50 rows each.

The process owner would like an easy way to see and search all 1,000 instances of the inline process – usually to end some, or to correct fields that had incorrect data in the upload file.

To see instances started by a batch action, I recommend viewing the data table produced in the batch action.

@Jozef_783863 It's not too challenging to use this approach with only 3 starters. But in reality we have 55+ starters. Scanning through all of them to find a handful of instances to end becomes unwieldy.

Otherwise, you need to navigate to individual helper workflow URLs to see a helper instance page.

@Jozef_783863 I tried to navigate to this page as follows:
    1. In the starter process, click "Open in Builder" on the batch action.
    2. In the URL, replace /steps with /instances.
    However, there are no instances listed.