URL fields

Options
Sean_510793
Sean_510793 Posts: 69 admin

Hi here! I think I am missing something obvious but having said that, am ready to ask for some help.

I have a Pushbot for sending a custom generated URL using a URL shortener. It has two actions. The first action is a Web API post and returns data as expected. One of the fields is rebrandly-response--shortURL. I can see it and the value in test runs. The second action is just a straight task where I reference the field value. The instructions is something like:

Check out this url => http://{{rebrandly-response--shortURL}}.

It seem pretty straightforward. But the URL is not showing up. I'm wondering if I'm hitting a Markdown conversion issue? Or just overlooking something obvious. The dependencies are set up correctly.

Best Answer

• Stacy_131492
    Stacy_131492 Posts: 13
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    Options

Sean I think you'll need to lowercase URL in your handlebar reference: {{rebrandly-response--shorturl}} should work!

Answers

• C_211923
    C_211923 Posts: 25 admin
    Options

For anyone who jumps in to help, focus on resolving Sean's issue first as i'm adding a similar story just in case this is a larger issue as something similar happened to me this morning. I thought what Sean thought "maybe i'm missing something obvious".

My process is very simple with 1 action. These are the steps:

1. A start another Pushbot action starts my Pushbot
    2. My Pushbot has the Slack: send a message action
    3. My action references fields input from the start a Pushbot action and adds them to a (slack) markdown formatted message.

The referenced fields aren't showing up. For example, in the action configuration it would have feature: *{{feature-feature}}* in the slack message body, but the incoming slack message just sends me feature: **