Is there a way to identify the user through SSO?

Is there anyway to use SSO to auto identifying the individual when performing tasks? It would be cool to to pass through the user's information to then auto populate in a webform/task/email with that person's email or name. Do we pass through anything when using SSO that could identity the person logging in?

Best Answer

Answers

• If the user is running any Microsoft application, the VBA macro code to get the user name is simply "Application.UserName." Is there any way Catalytic could just open Word behind the scenes and run some quick code to get the user name? I have the same interest as the original person asking the question. I hate forms where I have to type in my own name. Thanks!

• @Dylan_478989 "we will record them as the person interacting with that webform"
    Does that mean we can grab the person's email or username after we record them as being a specific person? Trying to see if I can update a process run owner to be that person if I were able to know it was them who completed a webform or is signed into Catalytic.

• Dylan_191182
    Dylan_191182 Posts: 92 admin

@Jacob_180056 no, we don't assign them as the run owner today - we just track they completed it from a logging and audit perspective.

• Dylan_191182

@Jacob_180056 to clarify - we don't share that person's identity in a way the builder can grab today

• Dylan_191182

@Kevin_347987

Is there any way Catalytic could just open Word behind the scenes and run some quick code to get the user name

Unfortunately not. Since Catalytic is browser based we run in a security sandbox that prevents us from accessing Word or other applications running on the users machine. This is something we are exploring on how to solve however