Update list of choices using Pushbot: Update a process template field

Options

The Pushbot: Update a process template field action does not let you update the list of choices of a Choice-type field. Would be great if it did!

5 votes

Swept · Last Updated

Comments

• Devon_161545
    Options

Hey Tom,
    Wouldn't the "Field: Set the value of a multiple choice field" provide that capability or is there something I'm not understanding from your question? Or is your question directed at updating a running process from outside the process run?
    -Devon

• Ryder_727733
    Options

Hey Devon,

I have the exact same issue now as Tom. He's right, there is no way to update the available choices for a pushbot-level choice or multiple choice field. I just spent a few hours trying to use the action you described to update this, but that specific action (I think) only updates those field choices for the rest of that one process run.

For example, I have a webform with a multiple choice field, and I want these choices to be replaced if another table is uploaded that contains additional unique values in a specific column. You can get these specific values from the table into a field and try to update the pushbot-level field with the action you mentioned, but the field does not update. The process runs without issue, which leads me to suspect that the action doesn't update pushbot-level fields for all future runs, but perhaps only for the current one.

• Jeff_146001
    Jeff_146001 Posts: 296 admin
    edited January 2020
    Options
  • Ryder_727733
    Options

@Jeff_826598 That's exactly what I would like to have :)
    Thanks!