Field - Set a Value of a Text Field - Fix Task!

David_931366
David_931366 Posts: 53
edited December 2019 in Questions

When I attempt to reference another field within the action, I receive the following error:
The "Output field name" field value has an incorrect handlebar reference
I am referencing another field to update its content, just as the guidance for the action states. I am using a handlebar reference to the field in the "Output field name" of the action. What am I missing?

Best Answer

• David_931366
    Answer ✓

The issue was that I was using a handlebar reference. DO NOT use a handlebar reference in the Output Field Name. Instead, just type the output field name. Example, use test-field, rather than {{test-field}}.

Answers

• Jozef_783863
    Jozef_783863 Posts: 331 admin
    edited December 2019

Hi @David_931366,

This common fix issue message takes place when the input field is not present when the action starts.

In other words, let's say a process has two actions (one to input a field value into a task, one to set a value based on the input). The set value action should work if the input field is present, referenced correctly, and the dependency on the Set Value action is correct.

As an aside, I do not recommend setting dynamic output field reference names. Instead, the output field name should be the same across your process instances.

Please send me an email at help@catalytic.com if you continue to encounter this fix issue message or would like to clarify the need for setting a dynamic output field reference name.

I hope this helps!

• Jozef_783863

@David_931366 Sounds like you got this working as expected, glad to hear you found the solution! B)

• David_931366
    edited January 2020

Yeah, you responded too quickly! :)
    I was just posting this in case someone else had a similar issue...or if I do again in 6 months!

• Jozef_783863

@David_931366 In that case, that is awfully kind of you so a big THANK YOU!