How to use Multiple file field in attachment

Options

Use Case:
End User will be attaching multiple documents in multiple file field.
I want to use those attachments to send via email.
Kindly suggest me the way to those attachments in mail
Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• Sean_510793
    Sean_510793 Posts: 69 admin
    Options

Hi @William_897866, in the "Send an email" action, you can attach multiple files in the attachment field by separating the values with a comma. For example:
    • Multiple files separated by commas: {{invoice}}, acfa1e8d-4660-4ced-91be-cde3eef310
    • All files: * uploads all files in the process
    If that doesn't seem to be working for you, please let us know a little more about the fields and the action configuration.

• Sean_510793
    Options

Hi @William_897866 , I overlooked the "multiple file field" in your question! Will be back soon with a response.

• Sean_510793
    Options

Hi @William_897866, I'm back! I created an example Workflow for you which I've attached as a file you can download and import into your own team. You can take two different approaches.

Sending an email with multiple file field as attachments

• Given a multiple file field called Bunch of Files. This field is a data table when used in the data table context.
    • Tables: Convert data table to text action with the Bunch of Files field as the data table. Configure the row template to columns['ID'] and the Row delimiter to ,. This action will take the Bunch of Files data table, use the value of the column called ID and then create a string separated by commas. Let's say we save this output to a field called File IDs.
    • Email: Send an email action with the FIle IDs in the Attachments field. The action will automatically recognize the file IDs as files and attach them to the email.

Sending an email with multiple file field as link

This option is good when you are concerned about file restrictions such as file sizes on the recipient email server.

• Given a multiple file field called Bunch of Files.
    • Tables: Add a column action to create a placeholder column for the hyperlink to be created.
    • Tables: Apply formulas to columns action to create a hyperlink with the row formula of columns['Link'] = '[' + columns['Filename'] + '](http://{{team.teamName}}.pushbot.com' + columns['URL'] + ')';
    • Convert table to markdown text action to get text to add to the email body.
    • Email: Send an email action with the string generated generated in the previous action and any other content.

Attached is a completed Workflow with both examples that you can download and import to see it in action.

• Grant_195014
    Options

Thank you Sean! This implementation worked. We will be using this in our workflows. Thank you so much for sharing this solution!

• William_897866
    Options

Thanks Sean, I already found the same solution, But thanks for your response, will get you back for any more queries