Task Delays in Test Mode

I just want to point out that Delays do not work in test mode. I learned this the hard way as it took me an hour or so to figure this out. This is not documented on the "Delay and action" help page as of 8/19/2020. For anyone who may be struggling with the delay not working I hope you see this post!

Tagged:

Comments

• Jozef_783863
    Jozef_783863 Posts: 331 admin
    edited August 2020

@Greg_703914, thank you for sharing this missing information. I have requested for article updates to make this information more prominent.

In Test Workflows & Tasks, we display this detail as a bullet point in the Tips section (image below). This article will benefit from an update to make this its own section near the top of the page.

Test Workflows & Tasks > Other tips for testing in Catalytic
    https://help.catalytic.com/docs/test-pushbots-and-tasks/#other-tips-for-testing-in-catalytic

Delay an action's start time until a later date
    This detail is not currently in the article Delay an action's start time until a later date. I have requested to update this article as well so it includes this detail and makes it prominent.

• Jeff_146001
    Jeff_146001 Posts: 296 admin

@Greg_703914 Sorry for the confusion and frustration on that.

Here's a good relevant idea for you to upvote:
    Test mode: option to honor timing

• @Jozef_123315 thank you for suggesting updates to the help articles. In addition to the changes you mentioned I want to suggest that the word "delay" is used instead of "timing" in the existing help article. Since the terminology is different when building it into an action versus how it is described in the testing help article people may struggle to find it or identify it as what they were looking for.

• Jozef_783863
    Jozef_783863 Posts: 331 admin

Hey @Greg_703914, thank you for sharing this note as well. I will have this detail included in the help article update request submitted for this topic.