Master Data Tables: any way to compile trigger attachment raw data for every instance?

System
System Posts: 24 admin
Hi, is there an easy way to download all of the trigger attachment raw data for every instance in the master data table? I'd rather not have to click through each instance in the master data table to download the raw data one-at-a-time. - Matt

Answers

• Jozef_783863
    Jozef_783863 Posts: 331 admin
    edited July 2020

@Matt_727739, If the final result you need is a column containing a link to download each trigger attachment file, then the attached workflow export should help. The 3 steps in this workflow contain:

1. Tables: Create a copy of a data table - Use this step to copy the column trigger-attachment into a new data table.

2. Tables: Add a Column - Use this step to add a blank column to house table formula results from step 3.

3. Tables: Apply formulas to columns - Use this step to concatenate the trigger-attachment column with the file download URL shown below.

https://TEAM-NAME.pushbot.com/api/files/TRIGGER-ATTACHMENT-COLUMN/download

This approach works for your particular master data table, since your data table is within system limits. This allows for using the master data table with Catalytic table actions. If your table was outside of system limits, I would recommend a report table approach as shown here in Shown and Tell:

Reporting Table for Process Instances
    https://community.pushbot.com/discussion/44/reporting-table-for-process-instances#latest

• Hey, Matt.

You could use Tables: Start workflow for each row for the master table, though if you have more than 10,000 rows, I'd recommend putting a Tables: Apply filters step in front of it to narrow down the results.

I would then create an inline workflow, with a single action: Tables: Convert data table to text. You can use the {{trigger-attachments}} table from each run as the table, and columns['file'] as the row template (with \n as the row delimiter). Save this field output as attachment-links.

Once that finishes running, you can have a subsequent step in your starter workflow, for Tables: Create a copy of a data table, copying only the attachment-links column from your successful runs data table ID table. Next, you can use Excel: Create spreadsheet from a data table; this will give you a list of just the URLs of all of those files to download them.

I hope this helps!

Thomas