trouble with Field Conditions

Options
Kevin_579059
Kevin_579059 Posts: 67
edited July 2020 in Questions

Hello,

I have an Instruction field that I am using as a "warning" to pop-up when certain items are selected in other Choice fields. One of the Choice fields has numeric values (15, 20, 30, 45, 60, 75, etc. up to 300) to represent time in minutes.

Is the below the proper syntax for wanting this Instruction field to appear if the time selected is greater than 180?

For some reason, when the first field is selected (floor furnace) and times of 20, 30, 45, 60, and 90 are selected (i.e. less than 180), the Instruction field appears. It does not appear for 15, 120, 150 or 180. It does appear for greater than 180. Is this because the final digit of 0 is ignored at the end of 180?

(Note: I don't want to use Entry Validation, because this would force the user to change their entries. I only want a 'warning' and still let the user submit their entries.)

Workflow Name: NBK Resistance and Containment Lab - Schedule Work Request
Field: Furnace Overheat Warning

thanks!
Kevin

Tagged:

Answers

• Jozef_783863
    Jozef_783863 Posts: 331 admin
    Options

@Kevin_579059, at first glance it seems that the Single Coice field type for "Test Duration" acts like a Text field. If this is the case, it may explain your odd condition test results when using the "is greater than" condition operator.

So "Test Duration" ought to act more like an integer field even if it is a Single Choice field type.

I will help test this out to see if this is the behavior you are sharing.

• Jozef_783863
    Options

Hey @Kevin_579059!

While I help investigate further, I would like to let you know that I received a similar result (as shown in the image below).

Using an alternative condition setup, which is longer and more exhaustive, I have the condition working as expected. Attached is an example workflow where you can see this alternative condition setup and also see how it works. Image below is a preview of this alternative condition setup.

• Kevin_579059
    Options

@Jozef_783863 In reviewing another workflow I have, I worked around this by creating hidden Integer fields with certain values, then in the Instruction field, the conditions of "less than" or "greater than" this Integer field seems to make it work. I will use this workaround for my situation described above.

• Jozef_783863
    Options

@Kevin_579059 Glad to hear it!