File Permissions in Data Tables

Is there a way to make the file url (if added to a data table) restricted so that when exporting the data table the url only allows the designated users to download the file?

I have the file url field set to admin user only permissions but I can click on the link and download the file in an incognito window. Do the field permissions go out the window when adding to the table where permissions are not able to be set yet per column? Or is there a way to set permissions for who can access the exported table (not accessing the data table but accessing the excel/csv file)?

Answers

• @jacob_146965 I do not believe there is yet a permission set for file-type fields in imported tables. This would be a good feature request. Is there a way you could leverage a file-type field in a task or email form for the files you need to gather?

Are you saving the table in a .xlsx or .csv format as part of the process run, or exporting manually? Automated steps and any fields they output should inherit the default field permission set on the template.

• @Thomas_937381 thanks, but the use case was to add in several (unkown) files from the process onto a data table that then gets exported. So in order for us to add in every attachment in a task or email is not really going to work well in this case as the point is for them to have a one stop shop (data table) with all their necessary information and files to look at. I think having the data table is fine for now but through this process I noticed the behavior of the title being able to be used but not keep the set permissions.