How to properly display field references in an email that is populated from a data table?

Options

I have a workflow that looks up a dynamic email body with field references from a data table, but when the email sends, the field references are not populating.

Is there anything that I can do to get them to properly populate display in the email?

Here is the email body in the data table:

I've tried writing several field formulas, but they are either not populating the field references (only displaying the field reference name in {{}}), or they are just sending out blank emails with no body.

Please help :)

Answers

• Chuck_146211
    Chuck_146211 Posts: 36 admin
    Options

Hi @Katrina_159693,

I was able to figure out a workaround by slightly tweaking the data table content and then using the Text: Find and replace action.

Instead of using a standard {{field-reference}} in the data table cell, I used [[square-brackets]] that I could then use as a search term in my Find and Replace action. Here is what that looks like:

Here's what the email looks like side-by-side with my data table.

While it requires an extra step or two, I've found this is the most reliable way to replace text from data table cells and have them display in emails. Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have found other ways or if you need anything else!

Best,
    Chuck

• Katrina_159693
    Options

Hi @Chuck_146211 , I explored a find and replace initially, but there are multiple fields in each email body that change along with the email body based on the program that is selected in the webform.

Based on this community discussion - [https://community.pushbot.com/discussion/1561/interpolate-field-reference-when-looking-up-from-a-table] , I was hoping there would be a way of writing a formula to have the fields display properly in the emails, but I cannot figure out how to do it.