file size limit in Web API: Send GET Request ?

Options

Hello,
When did a 256,000 byte (256KB) file size limit get added to the Web API: Send GET Request action? I have a workflow that uses this action to download an Excel file from Sharepoint. I am now getting the following error:

256KB is really, really low. Is there a way this file size limit can be increased?
Note: I cannot use the pre-packaged action "Sharepoint: Download a File" because I need to edit this Excel file and then re-upload it to Sharepoint. There is no way to do this, and a previous Catalytic engineer tried to help. The workaround was using the Web API to download the file.
thank you!
Kevin

Tagged:

Answers

• Brandon_189578
    Options

Kevin,

The error you are seeing is related to storing the raw text contents (which will not be usable in almost all cases if this is an xlsx) as a field in the run. The field limit prevents that, but the limit for a file is much larger.

In your Web API: Send GET request action, ensure you are using the latest version, and have Output raw body and Output body set to false, and Output body as file set to true. This will let the file be saved as the value of a file field, but skip saving the contents of the file as a text field.

Regards,
    Brandon

• Kevin_579059
    Options

Thank you! That makes sense. It now works!