Edit Text Before Approval in a Workflow

Options

I am setting up a process for feature requests that are being submitted through a Catalytic Webform. I would like to have the ability to review and add or edit to the information submitted by our end users. Once i've edited it/approved it, I would like it to submit into Jira. What is the best way to accomplish the editing or approval portion of the process? I understand how to build out the rest of it.

Answers

• Chris_573086
    Chris_573086 Posts: 14 admin
    Options

@Brett_502519 This should be possible by adding an additional step to the workflow that is currently being triggered. At the moment the webform is populating fields that are then used in the Jira integration step. You can add a step to Assign Task To A Person and then select one or more fields to edit.

When configuring this action, if you click the "Add a Field" button, you have the option to add a new field or select an existing field. Choosing the second option should let you select a field that was populated by the initial webform.

When this task is assigned to the run owner, or whichever specific user you choose, they will have the chance to update the values before the rest of the steps complete.