"Zombie" output fields for an action?

Options

This Dates: Set value of a date field action was originally set to have an output field prefix of "Factory Audit Due Date", but then was changed to "Audit Due Date". Why when I test this workflow do I still see the old "Factory Audit Due Date" field as one of the outputs for this action as well as in the list of fields for the completed instance?

How do I get rid of the old output field that is no longer needed?

Answers

• Anna_272419
    Options

I don't have an answer for you, but I'm experiencing something similar. This has led to broken workflows and much head scratching.

• Jozef_783863
    Jozef_783863 Posts: 331 admin
    edited September 2020
    Options

@Arthur_319926 @Anna_272419 The builder Fields panel view on the right displays field names based on the last 10 instances.

If you name an output field, start an instance, then rename the output field name, you get two fields in this list. Once the original field is not used in the last 10 instances, then the original field will remove from the list.

In the past, fields from actions like API: GET or Tables: Look up did not display all output fields while building. One of the intentions with the fields panel is to help reference fields that were not available.

We will be updating our help documentation to include these details for everyone. We have shared this feedback with our teams, so thank you both for submitting.