Draft mode - webform trigger not showing?

Options
Kevin_579059
Kevin_579059 Posts: 67
edited August 2020 in Questions

Hello,

It is my first time using the draft/versioning for a workflow to test out some changes, to keep the existing code, in case the changes are not ideal and I need to revert back to the original code.

I notice that in the draft mode, I cannot see the webform trigger from the published version. Is this normal?

Just making sure, so that in case I do want to publish the new version, it will still carry over the original webform trigger (i.e. want to make sure I didn't accidentally delete something).

thanks,
Kevin

Tagged:

Answers

• Jozef_783863
    Jozef_783863 Posts: 331 admin
    Options

Hi @Kevin_579059, nice to hear from you.

Creating a new version makes a copy without the trigger. This makes sense to me, since you do not want both the new version & the original published version to both trigger at the same time.

Publishing a version adds back the trigger from the original/previous published version.

We will make a note to add this information into the help article on Version Control.

Version Control
    https://help.catalytic.com/docs/version-control/#can-i-still-use-test-mode-on-draft-versions

Thank you!

• Kevin_579059
    Kevin_579059 Posts: 67
    edited August 2020
    Options

@Jozef_783863 Hi Jozef, I think I am feeling the effects of your statement "Publishing a version adds back the trigger from the original/previous published version."

I revised some fields on my webform trigger.
    Then a few minutes later I published a draft version of the workflow.
    Now the webform trigger has lost all the edits that I made to it (there's not many, I can re-type).

So I guess the advice would be, not to revise the webform trigger while you have any versions in draft mode? 😓

thanks,
    Kevin

• Jozef_783863
    Jozef_783863 Posts: 331 admin
    Options

@Kevin_579059 With Versioning, Edits to Fields should remain be the same as making edits to actions. The Trigger itself (not the Fields) gets removed in Draft, then re-adds again when Published. I have an image below to point out this Triggers/Fields distinction.