Automated Documentation Generator

Options
Nicholas_187159
Nicholas_187159 Posts: 25 mod
edited June 2020 in Show and Tell

Automatically create workflow documentation in a templated file using the attached process.
Installation Notes:
How to install:
1. Import the attached template into your Catalytic team.
2. Download the "readme" guide. Located in the Workflow Setting page > Fields section > "readme" field
3. Follow the instructions in the "readme" file for any process specific customization

How to use:
The process can be run as you are building out a workflow to better monitor your output fields and dependencies. It can also be run as you are publishing a workflow to help create process documentation and maintenance guides, including flowcharts via Lucidchart.

Comments

• Erik_522865
    Erik_522865 Posts: 1
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hi @Nicholas_187159 this is awesome! Where can I find the readme guide? Unfortunately I'm unable to open the attachment if that's the guide.

• Theis_171203
    Options

Hi @Nicholas_187159,

can you check if the "readme" guide as attached as a global field in the instance? I was not able to view it.
    Additionally, I am getting an error message in the action step "Add Owner to reference-table [add-owner]" (TEST) failed (TEST)
    Error message: The "Values" field value has an incorrect handlebar reference.

Thank you for your support.