SFTP: Upload a File - How to resolve error: Handshake failed: no matching host key format

Options

Hello,

I set up a new connection with our org's existing SFTP integration. I configured it to use a username and password for authentication. However, when i attempt to upload an .xml file to the sftp site, i receive the following error:

"Error uploading file to SFTP server ###########: Handshake failed: no matching host key format"

I couldn't find any documentation on this error.

Can you provide a few items that i should be verifying are set properly in order to resolve this error?

thank you,
matt

Answers

• Jozef_783863
    Jozef_783863 Posts: 331 admin
    Options

@Matthew_759207 Referring to the SFTP help article description/link below, I recommend verifying whether your SFTP encryption method is supported. I will check if this is the right recommendation based on your error message.

In some cases, SFTP triggers and actions will fail depending on the encryption algorithms your SFTP server supports. Your SFTP server and Catalytic must support the same encryption algorithms.

Server host key formats
    ssh-ed25519
    ecdsa-sha2-nistp256
    ecdsa-sha2-nistp384
    ecdsa-sha2-nistp521
    ssh-rsa

Supported SFTP Encryption Algorithms
    https://help.catalytic.com/docs/sftp-credentials-integration-setup-guide/#supported-sftp-encryption-algorithms

• Jozef_783863
    Jozef_783863 Posts: 331 admin
    Options

@Matthew_759207 I confirmed my initial recommendation is also the recommendation from a technical resource.

• Matthew_759207
    Options

@Jozef_783863

Thanks Jozef, i kicked that info over to my developer to check the encryption.

I will reply back again when i have a result from him.

thank you