Expected Behavior with Entry Validations

Options
Meghan_550057
Meghan_550057 Posts: 107
edited May 2020 in Questions

Hoping someone can clarify the expected behavior of entry validations when setting the value of a field with a validation.

As an example:
1. I have a template level field (Field 1) that is an Integer type with validations (minimum: 10, maximum: 20).
2. I then have an Images: Optical Character Recognition + Text: Find text next to other text actions extracting a number from a PDF (extract the number 30)
3. The next action is using Field: Set value of an integer field action to use the text extraction number (30) and then apply it to the template level field (Field 1)
4. There's a task that's assigned with Field 1 and appears with 30 (from step #3) - to be expected

1. If I leave the field as 30 and click Complete, I don't see an error message (as I would've expected based on my validation from #1)
  2. If I remove 30, try to click Complete, I see the error that the value needs to be a number:

3. Then if I try to enter 30 again, I see the error message appear that I was expecting (Should be <= 20)

What is the expected outcome of setting the value of an integer field with validations? I would expect trying to submit the form/task would result in an error message on that field.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers