Recommendations: Custom survey, single workflow, dynamic questions

Options
Brittany_113261
Brittany_113261 Posts: 7
edited April 2020 in Questions

A customer would like the ability for employees to create their own surveys in Catalytic. The idea is that there is an accessible form where form fields serve as questions and the responses to them become the questions that are displayed in the created survey.

For example: Question #1 (template level text field) would be displayed on a form and “What is your favorite hobby?” would be the response. Using the “Pushbot: Update Process Template Field action, the response of “What is your favorite hobby?” would update the Question #1 field display name and become it’s own survey question.

Some considerations that have come up when testing this: I’m not 100% certain if a response can be used as a display name. Also, what happens if two people respond simultaneously? What changes impact the template level fields? What needs to happen for the template fields to reset themselves to the original field names (Question #1, Question #2, etc.) to be used for future surveys?

Has anyone ever worked on a request like this? Any other elements and or actions that need to be considered? Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Brittany_113261
    Options

Hey @Jeff_291769, I don't believe that all employees would have access to Catalytic to build the questions in the interface which is why the customer wanted a form to be accessible to create their own questions/build surveys.

Thanks for this suggestion, I'll go ahead and test using a spreadsheet template with 1 question per row and creating a workflow to generate the questions. Thanks again!